What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG JMX MiniProbe : Null username and password

Votes:

Hi i am testing JMX miniprobe to monitor few RHEL 8+ servers. probe works without username and password authentication. as soon as i enable that (Java is configured properly to authenticate with username and password) i get following error

Fetching https://x.x.x.x:8090/probe/tasks?gid=def9f0d4-8ed8-4e41-a131-7a2ab579fa99&key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&protocol=1
Authentication failed! Username or password is null (Service URL: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://x.x.x.x:8091/jmxrmi)
java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication failed! Username or password is null

authentication jmx prtg

Created on Nov 9, 2022 8:41:24 PM

Last change on Nov 10, 2022 7:05:20 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hey,

We currently don't offer support for the old mini probe. Therefore, I cannot tell you where the issue is currently located. Maybe one of our customer who has some knowledge could help here.

Created on Nov 14, 2022 1:42:44 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.