What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Migration - active directory change

Votes:

I am migrating our PRTG to a new server. I have reviewed the documentation for migration. I will need to change the domain that it will connect to. I do not see any information on what the process is for changing the domain and what repercussions I can expect when I do it. How will this affect the current groups/users after the migration. What other areas of PRTG will this affect if the domain is changed?

active-directory domain migration

Created on Nov 9, 2022 9:58:38 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

If you change the domain all parts of the PRTG Core servers where the FQDN is used is effected like the remote Probe - Core connection ( if FQDN is used instead of IP). Furthermore, if you use the AD Integration in PRTG, only the local user accounts will work after the migration.

Created on Nov 14, 2022 10:11:45 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.