What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

High CPU load on PRTG Remote Probe: TOctWMIConnectionList.Execute

Votes:

Hello, we have the following problem: Repeated increased CPU load by the PRTG Probe, on the PRTG Probe Server after a reboot of the server.

We have analyzed all logs and found the following error message in ProbeWMI LOG: 6520 ProbeWMI> Error in TOctWMIConnectionList.Execute: access violation at address 00000000 in module 'PRTG Probe.exe'. Execution of address 000000

this message did not occur after restarting the Probe services and the CPU load also normalized. I could not find any article about this error on the internet. Can you tell me what was the problem here?

We have 23 PRTG probes running version 22.3.78.1873. The problem occurred only with this one probe.

prtg toctwmiconnectionlist wmi

Created on Nov 23, 2022 11:10:55 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hey,
Is there an AV software installed where an exception for the PRTG folders isn't created?

Created on Nov 28, 2022 8:41:34 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi yes on the server runs an AV softaware here but there were no problems.

After restarting the Probe services, the error has not occurred until now, so I think that there is simply a frozen process.

All other probes in combination with the AV software run normally.

Next we make an update of the firmware and observe the behavior further.

Created on Nov 28, 2022 2:23:38 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.