What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Credentials for Notification Templates

Votes:

Hi PRTG Knowledge Base,

We're to a REST API to push out notifications using a PowerShell script. We need to use an authorization token to authenticate to the API. I'm wondering whether it's possible to store that token as a credential, and use it in a parameter in the PowerShell script.

credential notification-templates prtg

Created on Dec 15, 2022 12:23:08 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hey, we currently don't offer support for PowerShell scripts. I guess you need to generate a token but we cannot tell you currently tell you how this works in your setup. You can add the script into the template by using the Execute Script option.

Created on Dec 16, 2022 12:24:42 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Marijan,

The script is configured under 'Execute Program'. The question I have is about credentials for this script. Is it possible to add those in the parameters, but store them within PRTG, similarly to how credentials can be used in Custom Sensors?

Created on Dec 16, 2022 2:03:55 PM

Votes:

Hello,

"Execute Program" Scripts will be run under the security context of the user running the PRTG service.

If you need this script to be run in another security context you need to adjust your script accordingly to invoke another security context.

Kind regards,
Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Dec 21, 2022 10:26:42 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.