What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I see the network data packets passing a local network card?

Votes:

I want to see short term statistics of the data packets that go through my local network card (for debugging purposes). Is there a tool for that?

general networking packet-sniffing prtg software

Created on Feb 12, 2010 3:46:28 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Feb 12, 2010 3:47:14 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Using Paessler Network Card Packet Counter to Debug Problems With PRTG

This small freeware tool shows short term statistics about the network data packets passing a local network card. Using the Packet Sniffer of PRTG Network Monitor it counts the number of packets passing the network card and calculates the current bandwidth as well as the average packet size. For the last 20 minutes these stats are shown in a graph.

For more information and a download link please visit:
Paessler Network Card Packet Counter (SnifferStat)

Created on Feb 12, 2010 3:47:52 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Feb 12, 2010 3:48:10 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.