What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Scheduled 'Pause' for Monitoring Devices

Votes:

Hi,

I've been trying to figure out a way to create a schedule for a group of devices so that they are not monitored for a few hours each week while they are being patched and rebooted. I tried using the scheduler but when using this, you only seem to get the option to pause by sensor. I do not want to pause the sensor for all devices (in this case, ping for servers), just the ones that are due to be patched on any particular evening.

So for example:

- Server Group 1 will be patched at 7pm on a Tuesday and servers will reboot. Pause monitoring during this period. - Server Group 2 will be patched at 7pm on a Thursday and servers will reboot. Pause monitoring during this period.

I've checked a few different forum posts but still cannot see a satisfactory answer so any help would be very much appreciated. Is this possible?

pause ping schedule schedules

Created on Jan 3, 2023 1:39:16 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for the post, looking at my lab you can right click on the group itself, then > Pause > One-time maintenance Window.

I don't believe this can be recurrent unfortunately.

Regards, Oscar

Created on Jan 6, 2023 3:06:45 AM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.