What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

[Map] Alarm Gauges not alway

Votes:

Hi, I have a problem when create Alarm Gauges on Map (Properties/Data Talbe/ Alarm Gauges). When I move it to Map and view map, it show sensors in alarm, but afew time later, it change to show sensors in normal. How to change it to alway show sensor in alarm? Example in picture below New login to show map, https://i.imgur.com/mX2nU3p.png Later https://i.imgur.com/IFeujWz.png

map prtg snmp

Created on Jan 13, 2023 8:52:39 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Huuthanh89,

The map object will always show all alarms of the object (group / device) it got added to. If the status changes, it can take a while, for instance a scanning interval, so that the new sensor status are displayed.

The view should generally pretty much match with the alarm view on the regular interface, as the filter are the same.

Or do you see a sensor in a down status for a longer time which is not reflected on the map, even after waiting for two scanning intervals at least?

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Technical Support Team

Created on Jan 16, 2023 2:45:28 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix Saure, I'm added Group/Device to Alarm Gauges, and when click to View Map, it's working (show all Alarm sensor in down/warning...). I've added 2 table: Alarm Small and Alarm Gauges to test, You can see as this picture https://i.imgur.com/RHZcOhc.png >> OK, But after two or three scanning intervals (with auto Refresh show on browser), Alarm Gauges has change to show sensor ping (ok). https://i.imgur.com/tBAsBOp.png And after four/five auto refresh, it's still show ping (ok), that i want to show Alarm Sensor (as picture 1), i need to press F5 on Browser. >> I don't know why it not alway show sensor in alarm.

Thank you!

Created on Jan 17, 2023 4:08:32 AM

Votes:

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I slightly misunderstood your inquiry, pardon me. I could unfortunately not recreate this with the map object "Alarm Small" data table. Once the automatic page refresh of the map expired, the status of a sensor successfully changed to "okay" and was removed from the table.

Kindly try it with a different browser, with not Plugins and in Incognito Mode to see if it works correctly then.

Kind regards,

Created on Jan 17, 2023 7:33:13 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix Saure, I try to show map on Edge/ Mozilla FireFox/ Google Chrome, and table Alarm Gauges still show sensor normal, not alway show sensor in warning as table Alarm Small. https://i.imgur.com/2RmxbRv.png

Is it a bug?

This code of Alarm Gauges on Mapobject

<pre>
 <!--Data Tables: Alarms Gauges-->

<div class="map_object map_table <#sensor type="colorclassofstate" prefix="map_objectstate_" id="<@objectid>">" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="overflow:hidden;<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
<#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
<#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
<#checkobjecttype objecttype="probenode,group,device" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">
  <#objectproperty name="Name" id="<@objectid>" var="name">
  <p><b><#lang key="html.mapobjects.tablealarmgauges.tabletitle" default="Alarms (@name)"></b></p>
	<div id="Plugin_<@itemid>"
    class="prtg-plugin deviceoverviewsensorvalues"
    data-plugin="channelgauges"
    data-objectid="<@objectid>"
    data-type="sensors"
    data-mapview="small">
    <!--
    {
      "objects":<#table      
        id="<@objectid>"
        output='json'
        noraw='1'
        content='sensors'
        sortby='-position'
        count='*'
        filter_status="5"
        filter_status="4"
        filter_status="10"
        filter_status="13"
        filter_status="14"
        columns='objid,position=treejson,sensor=textraw,info=treejson,minimum,maximum,lastvalue_,status=textraw,priority=raw,message=textraw'>
    }        
-->      
	</div>
<#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>
</pre>

Created on Jan 17, 2023 9:12:38 AM

Last change on Jan 18, 2023 7:35:32 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

The filter status for sensors is defined like this:

1 = Unknown
 2 = Collecting
 3 = Up
 4 = Warning
 5 = Down
 6 = NoProbe
 7 = PausedUser
 8 = PausedDependency
 9 = PausedSchedule
10 = Unusual
11 = PausedLicense
12 = PausedUntil
13 = DownAck
14 = PartialDown

So it will show warnings as well as defined here. I can also confirm this in my test installations on the latest PRTG version .81

I'd like to take a look into the log files of your installation and will continue working on the ticket via email. Please open the web interface and click on the Setup > Contact Support button. Ensure that the option to forward the support bundle is marked.

Kind regards,

Created on Jan 18, 2023 7:41:36 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.