What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to see, which component uses the bandwith

Votes:

Moin together,

unfortunately I still have a 16 DSL connection at home with 10-11MBit/s effective.

It often happens that the line is completely busy and I do not know where the traffic comes from. I am looking for a simple and cheap solution. If possible graphically.

I once saw that someone could display this on his firewall. However, my FritzBox does not offer me this evaluation.

Does anyone have a tip for me?

Thanks a lot and stay healthy!

bandwith monitoring prtg

Created on Jan 16, 2023 10:08:10 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Myssv,

Have you watched this manual webinar video? https://www.paessler.com/support/videos-and-webinars/videos/bandwidth-monitoring-methods

It explains how you can deploy PRTG Packet Sniffers and Xflow Sensors to get detailed information of your bandwidth. Hopefully you can grab the culprit consuming your Bandwidth.

Hope this helps you!

Regards

Created on Jan 17, 2023 7:15:52 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.