What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exclude VM Templates

Votes:

Hi there,

is there a possibility to exclude specific VM Tempalte from Autodiscover. f.e. we´ve some streamed devices from a image that must not be discovered.

Best Regards Markus

discover exclude template vmware

Created on Jan 18, 2023 1:25:50 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Markus,

wildcards are not part of the syntax. But there is a substring mode, so you can match for substrings without having to match the whole string.

Created on Mar 24, 2023 9:45:28 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this might be possible using template filters. Different sensors offer different filter options. The linked article shows one can check which filters are available and how they are used.

Created on Jan 23, 2023 12:08:34 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne, i didn´t got an information about your reply, so sorry for the late response. When i use the template filter i need to use a Wildcard should this work?

<!-- Available column names for filtering: "field" "name" --> <include> any </include> <exclude> name[cp-template*] </exclude>

Best Regards Markus

Created on Mar 24, 2023 7:34:11 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Markus,

wildcards are not part of the syntax. But there is a substring mode, so you can match for substrings without having to match the whole string.

Created on Mar 24, 2023 9:45:28 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.