What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disaster Recovery On-Premise to Cloud Server with same license?

Votes:

Hi,

I have installed PRTG on a physical server with XL1 License, but I need a backup system, and the backup system I plan to use is Cloud, with Disaster Recovery features.

We want this cloud server to have the same data (synchronizing) as the physical server (Main Server), so when the physical server is down, the cloud server is running with the same data as the physical server.

Can I do without buying a new XL1 License?

backup cloud license prtg

Created on Jan 30, 2023 7:34:08 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the KB post.

If you are monitoring less than 5k sensors. You can actually set up PRTG Cluster with the second Core Server will be the Failover Node. Each of the PRTG licenses is entitled to a master and failover node setup.

However, if you are monitoring more than 5k sensors, the PRTG Cluster is not supported because it will cause performance issues to your Core Server. For that, you need to consider this alternative instead for data redundancy.

With kind regards,
Chan Siau Hen
Technical Support Team, Paessler AG

Created on Feb 1, 2023 4:00:34 AM by  Chan Siau Hen [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.