What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SFTP Sensor

Votes:

Dear Support, hi Forum I'm trying to monitort an Azure sftp Service for Blob Storage but it's continuously failing, most probably due to wrong encryption algorithm but also cannot rule out other issues. Therfor I'd like to clarify the function of the SFTP SEnsor: Is it requiring a ssh-shell-based login to the remote target or simly checkign sftp by logging in (expected) As the Azure SFTP Service does not allow shell-based logins, that could be an explanation.

Furthermore I'm interested if probably the SFTP Sensor is simply incompatible with Azures SFTP Service according to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/secure-file-transfer-protocol-known-issues

The supported Algorithms, listed at Microsoft Site seems to cover the requirements mentioned from the SFTP Sensor https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/secure-file-transfer-protocol-support#supported-algorithms

Any suggestions?

azure compatibility sftp

Created on Feb 8, 2023 7:04:46 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for contacting PRTG support,

• This sensor requires credentials for Linux/Solaris/macOS (SSH/WBEM) systems in the settings of the parent device.
  • This sensor does not support all Linux/Unix and macOS distributions.
  • This sensor has a medium performance impact.
  • This sensor only supports IPv4.
  • Knowledge Base: Which encryption algorithms do PRTG SSH sensors support?
  • Knowledge Base: SSH and SFTP Sensors in Unknown status

Please check this manual for more information: Paessler Website

I think if the issue persists will be better to proceed and open a support case at [email protected] and please share the following data:

• Have this ever worked or it is a new implementation?
  • Screenshot of the device configuration.
  • Screenshot of the device overview.
  • Screenshot of the sensor overview.
  • Screenshot of the sensor configuration.

Created on Feb 11, 2023 4:02:59 AM by  Ricardo Sanchez [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.