What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map creation using VMware SOAP sensor

Votes:

Hi, I plan to create a dashboard for monitoring Vmware Server/Host. Currently, i'm using VMware SOAP (host performance) sensor. When i create a new map on the dashboard it only show cpu usage (while the sensor itself show other data such as memory, datastore, etc), is there a way to show other data on the dashboard?

dashboard map prtg soap vmware

Created on Feb 9, 2023 3:30:04 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi, thanks for your question here.

When adding the VMware sensor to your Map, what property are you assigning to it? To show all the channels on the sensor, a good choice would be the Channels property, found in the Data Tables menu. This should list all of the available channels on the sensor, along with their values.

I hope this helps :)

Created on Feb 20, 2023 11:15:49 AM by  Mike Payne [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.