What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Several standard lookups not found

Votes:

Hi,

we have several hundred Sensors reporting "lookup empty or not available". When i try to check the configured lookup in the sensor configuration, i can't find it in the drop-down list, but find the lookup file in core servers filesystem. The matching *.ovl file eixists and is readable.

What can i do to bring the lookups back to the drop-down menu in the sensor configuration?

Thank you

lookup prtg sensor

Created on Feb 20, 2023 4:23:13 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Peter,

If the lookup file exists in the PRTG lookup folder, then you can try to load it again into PRTG. For that open the PRTG web interface and navigate to Setup>System Administration>Administrative Tools, and click on Go! under Load Lookups and File Lists.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 23, 2023 9:59:48 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sasa, thank you very much. The sensors are fine again.

If there is a Function to reload the lookups manually, is there a possibility PRTG makes a auto self check for this? Something like "trigger lookup reload, when lookup error occurs at 20+ sensors"? We let the PRTG Core Server auto reboot once a week out of business hours. I would be nice, if PRTG heal itself in this case.

Created on Feb 23, 2023 12:07:50 PM

Votes:

Hello Peter,

The lookups are being loaded after every PRTG restart, however beyond this there is no automatic lookup reload function.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 1, 2023 9:40:18 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Sasa,

thank you. Problem solved.

Created on Mar 1, 2023 12:11:00 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.