What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote Probe can't be installed on a Windows Server 2019 on Proxmox

Votes:

Hello, I want to install remote probe on a Windows Server 2019 that runs on Proxmox. Now i want to download the PRTG Remote Probe installer. It downloads the file, but then comes an error. The output says: We found out that you are logged in from the machine running PRTG Core Server. You cannot install a remote probe here. You can download the installer here, but then you have to run it on another Windows computer. The easiest way is to go to the machine where you want to install Remote Probe and from there go to the PRTG web interface to perform the installation.

Has anyone an idea what the problem is and how I can solve it?

proxmox prtg remote-probe

Created on Feb 28, 2023 8:06:07 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hey,

Is it possible that you try to install the Remote Probe on the system where the Core Server is already installed? If so, then it's not possible and you need to install the Remote Probe on a dedicated Windows OS which hasn't installed the Core Server.

Created on Mar 1, 2023 12:19:29 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hey,

Yeah, that was the mistake I'm pretty new to prtg but now I changed it, and it works perfectly fine.

Created on Mar 1, 2023 12:32:33 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.