What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with Oracle TableSpace sensor

Votes:

Hi! I have a big oracle database and I want to know how much free space I have. I want to use Oracle Tablespace sensor, but it timeouts randomly, I have 6 hours scanning intervals and MetaScanTimeout increased to 1200 in regedit (DWORD 32-bit decimal). And all the time it gives error, "Your request has timed out". How can I resolve this error?

oracle prtg tablespace

Created on Mar 9, 2023 11:39:17 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there
Thanks for reaching us.
The time-out could be just a symptom of something else. this sensor is a high-impact sensor as described here, https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/oracle_tablespace_sensor
Having a lot of High-impact sensors could also consume all available resources, leading to time-out problems.
Are you monitoring this server on a local or remote network?
Consider deploying a remote probe locally to where the server is.
If the problem persists, I would suggest opening a ticket with TS to evaluate further this issue.https://www.paessler.com/contact

Created on Mar 14, 2023 2:13:43 AM by  Luis Quesada (Paessler Technical Support)

Votes:

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I have only one tablespace sensor in my local network, and it is on the local probe. Actually we found solution, we added RAM and more CPU's and now it is working properly.

Created on Mar 15, 2023 7:36:25 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.