What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

DB2 Connection String

Votes:

Greetings,

I've been attempting to create a connection to a DB2 database using the ADO SQL v2 sensor, to no avail.

I've confirmed that the IBM Data Access Drivers are installed and tested connections outside of PRTG. both through the ODBC adminitration panel, as well as using a powershell script to confirm. I keep getting an error about the user credentials are not accepted. Yet I have used those same credentials on all tests Here's the sample connection string:

Provider=IBMDADB2;Database=MyDataBASE;Hostname=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Protocol=TCPIP;Port=50000;Uid=mYuid;Pwd=65CharPwd;

I even went to the extent of setting up another test environment with a fresh install of PRTG, and all the drivers, and the same issue.

The only thing I wonder, is the password for the DB2 user is literally 65 characters long, I don't see how that could be a problem, but right now I am grasping at straws. Our Main system has a 2500 sensor license, the test environment is just the demo/community edition.

I even tried a 3rd party DB plugin, and that one worked but it is using the EXE/Scripting advanced plugin.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ado db2 sql

Created on Mar 13, 2023 7:58:38 PM

Last change on Mar 15, 2023 8:30:12 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Have you tried using a shorter password?
Also, you could try one without any special characters, just to be able to exclude this as a possible cause.

If this does not help I would suggest opening a support ticket so that we can have a closer look.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 15, 2023 11:08:50 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.