What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

M365 sensor

Votes:

Hi all,

I'm struggling with adding the M365 sensor into a device and hoping someone here can help. I've created a new device called O365 and added the Tenant ID/Client ID/Client Secret. Initially I had errors with the URI but since accessing my portal via localhost the error I'm getting now is

Microsoft 365 Authorization Failed
Check the credentials for Microsoft 365 in the settings of the parent object.

I've tried going back a further stage to enter the credentials but I can't seem to get around this error and I'm hoping someone can help.

m365 prtg sensor

Created on Mar 15, 2023 2:54:26 PM

Last change on Mar 22, 2023 7:35:55 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi stuarta,

I would recommend to double-check all steps in following article: How do I obtain credentials and set permissions for the Microsoft 365 Mailbox sensor.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Technical Support

Created on Mar 22, 2023 7:47:55 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

Thanks for update and this is now resolved actually but the post wasn't live for me to update. I just have another post regarding a query with the 'Contains All' filter

Created on Mar 22, 2023 1:54:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.