What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error SNMP Diskfree sensor

Votes:

I'm using the SNMP Diskfree sensor in a template. When running the autodiscovery, the following error occurs on some of the devices:

2023-03-22 15:18:00.423887 INFO TId 516 CoreAutoDiscovery> Template Check; Device ID: 86729; Check ID: snmpdiskfree; ERROR: 106ErrorMessage: #O187

However, on other devices it is properly generated.

If I add the sensor from the web interface to the device that the autodiscovery fails it is also created correctly.

diskfree prtg snmp

Created on Mar 23, 2023 7:41:08 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

This error usually means that PRTG did not get a result for the required OIDs from the target device. Could you provide us information as below:

1. How long does it take to manually add the SNMP Diskfree Sensor?
2. Please use our SNMP Tester (http://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester) on the PRTG host (or remote probe host machine) and run a "Scan Script" on the target device. The script, which uses the same OIDs as the SNMP Disk Free Sensor, can be found in the appendix. What result do you get from the tester? Can you send us the result log file from the tester?

We would need more information for further checking and analysis regarding this issue. Kindly raise a ticket to us by simply creating a ticket via the PRTG web interface by going to Setup | Contact Support.

Kind regards,
Muna Azmi - Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 28, 2023 4:57:11 AM by  Muna Azmi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I'm really sorry but I can not find the script you are referring to.

Created on Mar 29, 2023 1:19:32 PM

Votes:

Hello,

We are unable to share the scripts here. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Could you please log a ticket for us to check further? Kindly refer to our previous posting on how to create a ticket.

Kind regards,
Muna Azmi - Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 30, 2023 12:29:12 PM by  Muna Azmi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.