What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Reverse mailbox sensor

Votes:

Is it possible to reverse the condition for the M365 sensor? For example I'm monitoring a backup but the backup only tells me when it fails not when it's succeeded so therefore I want it to go down if there is a matching email and up if there isn't.

m365 prtg sensor

Created on Mar 24, 2023 12:17:05 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

I see that you are trying to reverse the values on your Microsoft 365 Sensor to monitor failed backups based on an email notification, is this correct?

Are you using Microsoft 365 Service Status Sensor or other?

To monitor email systems and set the status of a sensor based on the presence or absence of a matching email, you will need to use a different type of sensor, such as the "EventLog" or "Syslog" sensor that I mentioned in my previous answer.

Created on Mar 28, 2023 4:01:24 AM by  Ivan Escalante [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok thanks, I think I've got it working to a point by using an Error value of 0 in the channel so that as soon as an email comes in, it errors and then clears when the email is removed. Not ideal but it's the only way I can see of it working with emails.

Created on Mar 28, 2023 8:00:41 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.