What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VEEEAM Lookup values incorrect

Votes:

Hi all

I am looking in to an sensor issue where all VEEAM Last Result lookup values are reporting legacy information. I have removed the sensors and re-applied but they then reference the same dates. I have recreated the OVL file located in the lookups folder too. SNMP Service has been restarted and Community strings re-applied to the VEEAM backup server. When SNMP Service is disabled, PRTG will recognize this however all VEEAM backup job sensors will remain in their legacy state.

In my scenario, all backup jobs that run on the 8th March 2023 (or earlier) are the last jobs to report in PRTG. So if a job had failed on the 8th, this will report as failed today. The jobs have run since the 8th March and have passed, yet the Last Result lookup value does not reference this date.

lookup prtg veeam

Created on Mar 29, 2023 2:20:07 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi zakattabtran,

Thanks for the post, we'll need a support case to dive into this one, can you start by enabling Result Handling in the sensor settings?:

Result Handling

Define what PRTG does with the sensor result:

Discard result: Do not store the sensor result. Store result: Store the last sensor result in the \Logs\sensors subfolder of the PRTG data directory on the probe system. The file name is Result of Sensor [ID].log. This setting is for debugging purposes. PRTG overwrites this file with each scanning interval.

Then please reach out to us via [email protected]

Created on Apr 3, 2023 3:53:52 PM by  Oscar Chavarria [Paessler Technical Support]

Votes:

Thanks Oscar. Logs have now been sent to Support

Created on Apr 4, 2023 9:16:23 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.