What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Cisco System Health channel error

Votes:

Hi, i have a lot of these sensors that has 1-2 channels that are missing data due to the SFP is no longer in the switch/router.

The error message in the sensor is The queries for the following channel IDs returned no data: 8,9 ID 8 and 9 is RX and TX values on an SFP port. But the SFP is no longer in the router.

I really will be very sad to delete the sensor and recreate. 1. I have to manual set all (50-60) of the channels alarm states to make it go green (not down) Not all SFP's have same dbm, and 50% is not present and is -40dbm. 2. All my historic data will be gone..

Still no way to edit the channels and remove the ones not used ? Could be nice to have the same options as when you create a new "SNMP traffic" it lists all the interfaces and lets you add the ones you need as a sensor.

/James

channel cisco prtg snmp

Created on Mar 31, 2023 9:08:06 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Jemmer,

This is the current way the sensors and channels are integrated in PRTG. I/we understand the downside of this approach. Removing a channel is not possible, so you need to either adjust the channels to no longer alarm, or recreate the sensors. You could pause the old sensors to keep the historic data though.

I forwarded your feedback internally though.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Technical Support Team

Created on Apr 7, 2023 5:49:35 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.