What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Check website for content of an option field in an formular

Votes:

Hello,

I am trying to check the content of a website's form for values in a drop down field. Eg. there is a registration form with a field for the salutation offering the option to select "Mr." or "Ms." and I want to validate the the two options are available are not changed.

The andvanced http sensor seems not to cover this check. Is there any method to perform this?

Greeting Chris

check field http

Created on Apr 2, 2023 9:19:02 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Chris,

PRTG can check everything on the website which can be seen in the HTML code of the website. Please check whether the Mr and Mrs are part of it.

Created on Apr 7, 2023 7:20:29 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

yes you are right checking for the salutation would work after the page is fully loaded. I have performed some debugging and it seems that the option field values are populated asynchronously. So when the main page is loaded it take some more seconds to have the field values. In this case some kind of delay parameter for the sensor would be nice to wait for the page to be fully loaded.

Any idea how to get the page fully loaded befor the sensor checks?

Greetings, Chris

Created on Apr 7, 2023 12:07:32 PM

Last change on Apr 17, 2023 7:10:24 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Chris,

The Sensor has no delay option available. You can try to increase the scanning interval since the timeout is then also increased. However, it's possible that this won't help. As an alternative, only a custom script could help here.

Created on Apr 17, 2023 7:12:52 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.