What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSL Certificate Monitoring on internal Website whit Portnumber

Votes:

Hello all.

We have an internal web page in the format: https://webseite.domain.local:8840 How can I check the certificate for this website? The website is generated by a software and does not run on an IIS. Thanks for the help

certificate ssl website

Created on Apr 14, 2023 8:58:56 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hey,

If the website is available on a probe, then you can create a new device which is pointing to this website and create the Certificate Sensor to monitor the certificate.

Created on Apr 26, 2023 7:16:41 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Marijan

Thank you for your answer. I have already set it up that way. But I get the message: Host not found. This message indicates that the key (name, address, and so on) was not found. (Socket error # 11001)

But I can call the web page exactly like this on the PRTG server.

This is strange.....

Created on May 8, 2023 9:58:31 AM

Votes:

Hey TC,
Could you please reach out to our Support Team. So that we can take a look into the issue.

Created on May 9, 2023 9:37:56 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.