What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Sensors with xMatters

Votes:

Currently, we have xMatters integrated with PRTG. The issue we are having is that anytime a sensor is triggered, we get notified of it through xMatters with a phone call. This would be okay if the relevant and most important sensors were the only ones calling us. Has anyone found a way to mass edit the sensors to only send emails or calls, depending on their importance? Another thing we would like to mass edit is the "Priority" of the sensors. Currently, the only way we can do this is by going 1 by 1 per device and sensor or HTTP API.

We have too many devices to go through 1 by 1 to edit each sensor, and coding/scripting isn't our strongest suite. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

prtg sensors xmatters

Created on May 3, 2023 7:09:51 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello, Vcruz
Thanks for reaching us
I'm assuming that your most critical sensors are less quantity than your regular not-that-important sensors. Correct?
If this is the case, I would just create 2 notification templates. The first one, with the phone settings, and the other one with the standard email and push notification.
You can configure the second ( not that important) notification template as default on ROOT. It will propagate this notification template to all the groups on your network.
Finally, I would create a Library named "very important sensors" and then assign the second notification template to the triggers settings on this library. This will just affect those sensors that are critical for you.
then I would add all the critical sensors to this library and save the changes. In theory, just the sensors in this library should be using the Phone call notification template, while all the other sensors should still use the standard email notification.

Feel free to open a ticket with us if you encounter any problems.

Created on May 9, 2023 9:21:38 PM by  Luis Quesada (Paessler Technical Support)

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.