What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable a ciphersuite at prtgappserver port 8443

Votes:

Hello,

how can i disable CipherSuite TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA at prtgappserver port 8443? I disabled all weak ciphersuites on the server and that worked for PRTG server on port 443 and other ports. Only for prtgappserver on 8443 this has no effect.

Thank you!

prtg ssl tls

Created on May 9, 2023 11:59:48 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Jürgen,

There is no option to adjust the Ciphers yet. But I forwarded it to our development team for consideration for future versions. Stay tuned.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Technical Support Team

Created on May 15, 2023 8:41:10 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 15, 2023 8:41:24 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

is there meanwhile the possibility for the prtgappserver.exe to adjust certain ciphersuites (TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA)?

Thank you!

Created on Jul 17, 2023 9:26:13 AM

Votes:

Hello Jürgen,

Thank you for using PRTG.

Unfortunately, there is currently no option to disable Ciphersuite, and no new information from our Dev Team. Therefore, can't provide ETA for this option just yet.

Kind regards,
Jeremiah Katatumba - Technical Support

Created on Jul 27, 2023 5:47:50 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.