What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Vertiv Watchdog 15-p SNMP incorrect values

Votes:

Hi,

Using the MIBs downloaded directly from the WatchDog 15-P and the SNMP Library sensor I am not getting the correct values from the device. When I login to the device directly the temperature reads 71.7 degrees F but PRTG is reporting 717 0.1 degrees. I get the same results from the SNMP Tester as well. When i scan the OIDLIB I created i get the following

Test 1.3.6.1.4.1.21239.5.1.2.1.5.1: value=713 0.1 Degrees
Test 1.3.6.1.4.1.21239.5.1.2.1.7.1: value=356 0.1 Degrees

prtg snmp watchdog

Created on May 9, 2023 2:06:49 PM

Last change on May 12, 2023 6:10:55 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,
PRTG as well as the SNMP Tester only queries the data and displays the result. The value "713 0.1" is returned since according to the documentation of the MIB, the OID returns the Temperature in tenths of degree, so everything works as expected.

If you want to display the temperature as "71.3" instead, you can use the "Scaling Division" setting within the channel settings and divide it by 10.

Created on May 12, 2023 1:46:10 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.