What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

trial installation - REST sensor - cannot choose "REST configuration"

Votes:

I just installed a prtg trial installation onto a 32bit Windows 10 installation (used for other purposes as well). It's running so far and now I'm struggeling with the REST sensor configuration.

The REST query is working and delivering the expected answer from the device. But I'm unable to set/choose any REST configuration file. The line is simply disabled.

What's the issue here? According to the documentation the rest configuration file should be defined/choosen from a one in the \customsensors\rest subfolder. That's what I understand.

But what is this? "To use custom REST configurations in PRTG Hosted Monitor, contact the Paessler support team, or add this sensor to a remote probe instead and save the file on the remote probe system." Is that the cause of me being unable to choose a configuration file? The basic installation of PRTG is unable to handle REST request, only in this remote probe installation?

configuration remote-probe rest

Created on May 14, 2023 9:32:27 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

The section about PRTG Hosted Monitor only applies if you are using a hosted instance of PRTG using our PRTG Hosted Monitoring offering.

Please ensure that the template is stored with the file suffix ".template" and adheres to the script example as defined in our documentation.

Kind Regards, Johannes Beyerlein, Technical Support Team

Created on Jun 7, 2023 8:19:34 AM by  Johannes Beyerlein [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.