What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Maintenance Days Left

Votes:

Hi,

We renewed our maintenance contract with 3 years. Our system is completely off-grid. So how do we tell our Core Health sensor to start counting again?

Thanks!

core maintenance prtg

Created on May 17, 2023 12:24:56 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

Tony, when did this start as mine has done the same.

What happens if you go to http://<PRTG SERVER>/activation.htm. Can you activate your license as I cannot! I have over 18 months left of maintenance left.

Created on May 19, 2023 7:47:17 AM

Votes:

Tony, When did this start happening?

Created on May 19, 2023 7:53:24 AM

Votes:

Hello Tony,

Thanks for using PRTG.

You may directly download the latest PRTG Software here and manually activate your license.

Kind regards,

Jeremiah Katatumba - Technical Support

Created on May 19, 2023 11:11:51 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Votes:

Jeremiah,

I do not want to come off as sarcastic but do you think the technical professional on this forum would not have tried that first. I have the latest version installed - 23.2.83.1760+ (automatically updating). As a fault finding step, i restored the server. Licence is green and activated. When i attempt either a automatic or offline license update, it instantly goes to red and says "Maintenance not valid for this version"

What version? What is it talking about? I am in paid maintenance until late 2024 so i need answers. I am running the server on a snap now as to when your software decides to automatically throw me under my own bus! Its a joke.

Created on May 22, 2023 10:17:21 AM

Votes:

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your message here, and for your honest feedback - we really do appreciate and value the opinions of our users. I'm sure you can appreciate that in some cases, the knowledge base does only offer a limited capacity to provide our customers with the full support they need.

Our userbase does have quite a diverse range of experience with PRTG, and we're not always able to anticipate this in all situations. With this in mind however, I'm sorry you felt that our initial troubleshooting method wasn't helpful - I think in this instance, the most efficient and effective way for us to help solve your issue is for you to open a support ticket with us, and we'll be able to give you our full attention, and hopefully solve your issue swiftly.

You can open a direct ticket through our Helpdesk Portal, and if you could kindly provide us with the last 6 digits of your License & System ID, plus screenshots of any errors you have encountered via the ticket, that would be extremely helpful. We can then conduct a further investigation and respond as soon as possible.

Thank you so much in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Created on May 22, 2023 12:32:29 PM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Votes:

Hi Jeremiah,

My main issue is resolved by the tips given in this topic. I wrote an internal procedure to extend the maintenance contract. However, I wonder what happens / needs to be done when the license isn't updated within time (offline installation).

Regarding the ticket, I believe that was ment for @sloveland.

Created on May 22, 2023 2:54:55 PM

Votes:

Hello @sloveland,

We want to work on your license query, and we have acknowledged receipt of your ticket; however, we regret to inform you that we were unable to respond via your Email address due to our emails being bounced, blocked or rejected.

Kind Regards,

Created on May 23, 2023 6:46:33 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Votes:

Hello @Tony_V,

Thank you for your response.

PRTG licenses are perpetual, meaning that PRTG will continue to function even after the maintenance period has expired. However, without active maintenance, you will not receive the latest updates, features, sensors, and security and bug fixes.

For more about License Maintenance, I recommend watching this short video

Kind regards,

Created on May 23, 2023 6:54:41 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.