What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Probe Transfer Preview

Votes:

I used the probe transfer preview to move a remote probe from one instance of PRTG to a different instance of PRTG. All sensors are working on the old instance, but after the transfer, random SNMP sensors stopped working. I have tried deleting the sensor and re-adding it. Fails to connect. I have even tried to delete the device and re-add it, and the sensors do not work. I verified that the credentials for the sensors are set correctly. I verified the SNMP service is running and setup with the correct credentials Some SNMP sensors on the device are still working while other sensors fail to connect. I can add WMI sensors, and they work as intended.

Any ideas why SNMP would not be working, even on the machine the remote probe is installed on?

Thanks!

probe snmp transfer

Created on May 19, 2023 9:08:49 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Phillip,

Please use our SNMP Tester (http://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester), run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform a "Scan Interfaces" against one of the affected target devices

Which results do you get in the Tester? Please send us the result logfile from the Tester.

Created on May 23, 2023 2:45:53 PM by  Mitzi Rodriguez [Paessler support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.