What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to monitor free disk space on DELL EMC PowerVault ME 5024

Votes:

Hi, I'm trying di monitor the space left on disk on this device.

I've already add SSH SAN sensors, but they don't show me informations related to space, only health.

Is there any way to implement a script which can show me the result of "show pools" cli command? It displays the infromation I need.

Thank you all, Diego

5000 dell disk emc me powervault san space ssh storage

Created on May 23, 2023 8:55:18 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Did you already tried to use the SSH Disk Free Sensor?

Created on May 26, 2023 6:45:18 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, yes, I've already tryed that sensor, but it shows me a "No disks available" message.

Created on May 29, 2023 9:45:10 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

if the SSH Disk Free Sensor is not supported and no other protocols are supported (like WMI or SNMP) I recommend to use a SSH custom Sensor https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/ssh_script_sensor

Created on Jun 1, 2023 11:28:19 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I tryed that sensor too, but unfortunately DELL EMC PowerVault doesn't allow me to browse throught the system folders, so I can't put scripts inside the /var/prtg/scripts directory. During the implementation process of the sensor, though, I can see some PRTG native scripts already stored in that folder; is there any way to permit PRTG to store other (custom) scripts there? Thank you again

Created on Jun 1, 2023 12:24:10 PM

Votes:

On the PRTG Probe Server, no SSH Script can be stored. You can try to use e.g. a Powershell script to query the information and build a SSH connection via Powershell.

Created on Jun 6, 2023 11:05:42 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.