What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I activate UvExplorer using my PRTG server?

Votes:

The license activation wizard in UvExplorer offers "PRTG Discovery Agent Activation". I have completed the form as follows:

Server URL: https://ULR.for.my.prtg.server Username: a username with API access PassHash: taken from PRTG user details

What should go in: "Service port" "Service API key" <-- I tried entering the API key from PRTG for the user specified above.

All I get is: The specified PRTG settings could not be used to access the PRTG server.

api prtg uvexplorer

Created on Jun 7, 2023 8:16:51 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I would suggest that you contact the support from UVnetworks, and check with them what information should be entered in the fields.

Kind regards,
Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 8, 2023 8:01:17 AM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Paessler are telling us about the function: https://www.paessler.com/partners/uptimealliance/uvnetworks

Your response is unhelpful and downright rude!

If you don't know then let someone that does pick the request up.

Created on Jun 8, 2023 4:29:27 PM

Votes:

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. We do promote the UVexplorer on our site, since UVnetworks is one of our partners, however the software was not developed by us, so we can not provide as much in depth knowledge as they are. As far as PRTG is concerned you only need to enter the PRTG server address and a username and password, the "Service port" and "Service API key" are not known to us, hence I suggested to contact UVnetworks for more information.

Kind regards, Sasa Ignjatovic, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 13, 2023 2:02:53 PM by  Sasa Ignjatovic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.