What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Grouping Huawei switch ports

Votes:

Hello,

I've added a Huawei S5720 switch to PRTG. I want to make a group with the amount of connected ports. As soon as the amount of connected ports changes in this group I want to receive a message about this.

How can I set this up?

group huawei ports prtg

Created on Jun 8, 2023 7:57:57 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

We would nee more information on this.

How do you monitor the ports? What sensor do you use?
Do you add the sensors via Auto-discovery?

Kind regards,
Muna Azmi - Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 13, 2023 1:58:00 PM by  Muna Azmi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry for the late reaction. I've been out of the office.

With the auto-discovery I can see the connected ports. The sensors that I use will be the default from the discovery.

My plan is to make a sensor or a group which tells me how much ports are connected. As soon the amount changes I want to receive a notification.

Created on Jul 5, 2023 8:50:59 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Please note that to monitor the port, you will need to add each sensor to the port.

If the sensor of the port disconnected and goes down, the sensor will be notified according to your Notification Triggers settings.

However, we have no native function to send a notification when the amount of the port changes.

Kind regards,
Muna Azmi - Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 10, 2023 7:59:15 AM by  Muna Azmi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.