What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SQL Server 2022 sensor

Votes:

Hi,

Is there a SQL 2022 sensor available?

Thank you,

2022 sensor sql

Created on Jun 13, 2023 1:01:37 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Thank you for using PRTG.

At the moment, the SQL Server 2022 sensor has not been released yet, and unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA for its availability.

However, I would like to suggest an alternative option, which is the Microsoft SQL v2 Sensor. It is designed to work with all versions of SQL Server.

For more information, you may like to visit this Microsoft SQL v2 Sensor

Kind regards,

Jeremiah Katatumba - Technical Support

Created on Jun 15, 2023 12:58:40 PM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Votes:

Hi!

Any update on when the SQL Server 2022 sensor is expected to be available?

Regards Lars

Created on Aug 14, 2023 10:12:01 AM

Votes:

Hello Lars,

No update yet on this, sorry to keep you waiting, but unfortunately, we are unable to provide an ETA for when it will be available.

Kind regards,

Created on Aug 15, 2023 7:10:17 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Votes:

Hi,

Sorry to be pestering you about this topic, but the lack of sensor support for MS SQL Server 2022 in PRTG is really causing problems for me in convincing people that PRTG is the right choice for the future compared to other tools that might be more geared towards server monitoring.

Is there an update on when it will be available? Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of SQL Server 2022, so it's not exactly brand new software anymore.

Regards Lars

Created on Nov 15, 2023 6:03:44 AM

Votes:

We too need this functionality - it hadn't even occurred to me that this sensor wouldn't be available for SQL 2022. We run reports using stats from the sensor for older versions of SQL that we are now migrating to '22 and I still need to be able to generate those reports.

Can you confirm that the "WMI Microsoft SQL Server 2022" sensor is in development even if there isn't an ETA at the moment?

Created on Nov 28, 2023 10:53:02 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

Yes, I can confirm that this Sensor development is considered but no ETA yet.

Kind regards,

Created on Dec 1, 2023 12:01:07 PM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.