What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG iOS mobile app freezing on scroll after 23.2.84.1566 update

Votes:

Hi,

Immediately after I applied the last update (23.2.84.1566) my iOS prtg app starts freezing when I need to scroll down a page with about 40 groups. Therefore, I can’t see any device or sensor nested inside this page.

This freezing behavior does not happens when I enter a top level device or group which does not exceeds the screen height and need to scroll down. Only if I click on the top level group with another group that listing exceeds the screen height.

iPhone 14 pro max with latest iOS 16.5 (20F66)

I was waiting to see if paessler launches a hotfix to it, but it’s June 20 and as until now there’s nothing, I am here to report and ask for a solution.

Thank you, Evandro

app freezing ios mobile scroll-down

Created on Jun 20, 2023 9:53:27 AM

10 Replies

Votes:

Hello Evandro,

We are already aware that there is an issue with the current release of PRTG/iOS App. We are investigating this, however there's no ETA nor a workaround yet I'm afraid.

Created on Jun 21, 2023 8:33:40 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Well, that’s disappointing. As the iPhone is actually my main phone, I need to carry two phones (one of them, android) until we have the fix.

Android mobile app does not show the ip address of devices, so I am carrying two phones for an app that, even added together, does not offer 100% funcionality.

Created on Jun 23, 2023 5:07:44 PM

Votes:

I’m having the same issues. Scrolling on the main page of the prtg iOS app causes it to freeze.

Created on Jun 26, 2023 2:04:34 AM

Votes:

The same problem. I've tried uninstalling the app, deleting data and reinstalling - no luck.

I ask for a resolution.

Thanks.

Created on Jul 3, 2023 6:54:16 AM

Votes:

I'm sorry, there's still no ETA yet.

Created on Jul 5, 2023 7:07:38 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I know you guys are probably (I hope) working on this. I just have to say it's an impactful problem for us. Please escalate this. Get it fixed - thanks. Bill Fisher (Fisher Engineering, Inc. Customer since 2012)

Created on Jul 7, 2023 3:53:34 PM

Votes:

Hi Bill,

we already identified some source of this issue and working on a fix. We hope to release this as soon as possible. However it needs to go through some testing to avoid any more issues.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Technical Support

Created on Jul 10, 2023 4:08:06 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, guys,

PRTG iOS app version 21.1.4 (5 days ago) fixed the issue for me.

Thank you!

Created on Jul 16, 2023 6:04:53 PM

Votes:

Hi Evandro,

You are right, we just published a new version of the iOS app which should fix this issue. Therefore I would like to ask you top update to the latest version from the App Store.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Technical Support

Created on Jul 17, 2023 3:27:54 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I can confirm it is fixed - THANK YOU :)

Created on Jul 25, 2023 2:59:36 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.