What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I want email notification when CPU, memory or Network usage crosses 90% for a device

Votes:

I want email notification when CPU, memory, or Network usage crosses 90% for all devices, what is the best way to achieve this?

I tried adding notification triggers but Threshold Trigger doesn't like me adding 90% or 90 percent.

BTW, I can do that for individual servers, trying to do it for all the devices in 1 go.

notification prtg snmp thershold

Created on Jun 29, 2023 1:14:45 PM

Last change on Jun 30, 2023 6:46:19 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

Thank you for using PRTG.

Configuring Notification Templates to trigger notifications for specific sensor states and values and assign it to all devices as required can help achieve you the required result.

To set this up, you can go to "Setup" then "Notification Templates" configure as required and then assign to Devices or Sensors.

I wouldn't recommend to use the "Threshold Trigger" as a notification trigger. Instead I would recommend to set up Limits within your channel settings.

Kind regards,

Jeremiah Katatumba - Technical Support

Created on Jul 7, 2023 9:23:42 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Last change on Jul 7, 2023 9:24:32 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Votes:

Thanks, Jeremiah,

I have set the following, please confirm if the channel and limit type is correct for this purpose

CPU Monitoring

Edit Channel settings -> total (ID 0)

Enable limits, Added upper Error limit (%) as - 95 Added upper Warning limit (%) as - 85

Memory Monitoring

Edit Channel type -> Percent Available Memory

Enable limits, Added upper Error limit (%) as - 95 Added upper Warning limit (%) as - 85

Created on Jul 9, 2023 10:06:34 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

Based on the previous Limits knowledge base article shared in our earlier communication, the values appear to be ok. Please proceed with setting them up and monitoring the behavior.

Kind regards,

Jeremiah Katatumba - Paessler Technical Support

Created on Jul 18, 2023 7:15:50 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Votes:

Unfortunately, this limit was only applied to 1 device's CPU and memory sensors and not all. How can I do that for all the devices in 1 go? I don't see this option available at the root level.

Thanks in advance

Created on Aug 13, 2023 5:33:27 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

You have the option to set up a Notification Template which can then be utilized for all devices according to your requirements.

Kind regards

Jeremiah Katatumba - Technical Support

Created on Aug 23, 2023 5:38:41 AM by  Jeremiah Katatumba

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.