What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Simpler way to make a notification for one sensor type

Votes:

I've been reading about creating alerts and libraries, and I have not found a way to make a notification template that will do the following:

I want to make a notification template that will send notifications when ALL ping sensors (this means my DC, a core switch, an AP, ANYTHING THAT HAS THE PING SENSOR attached to it).

I do not want to sit and manually move a single sensor icon from a list of every device in the tree to another to the left side where it then just puts "node" and "ping" without showing which device I moved over.

I just want to say "If ANY PING goes down, send an email"

Is there a way to do this without having to go through and create a library?

device notification ping

Created on Jul 6, 2023 2:25:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

There are three ways to do this, the first one is by doing every ping sensor manually, the second one is by inheritance but this option will require to set the notification trigger on the Parent device or group level and then making sure inheritance is configured correctly on the ping sensor and the third option is to create a Library and move all Ping sensors to this Library to set the notification for all devices included.

Unfortunately at this moment there is no option to bulk notifications by sensor type.

Created on Jul 11, 2023 6:51:42 PM by  Ivan Escalante [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.