What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Threshold Trigger - Can it be configured to run again every few minutes

Votes:

The status trigger has the ability to run and notify via an email every XX minutes. I'm not seeing a place to configure that when using a Threshold trigger on a memory sensor. The problem that causes us is on our memory sensor for our DB servers. The sensor is configured to send email notification if the sensor is below a threshold of 3000 seconds (5 minutes) when memory is below 5%. In the scenario today, the threshold sensor triggered at 3:36 am because memory dropped to 3% available memory and an email was sent. (which is good, yesterday, I didn't think that was working either), and it's been below 5% memory since 3:36 am. (approximately 6 hours) Is there a way for the sensor to send us notification every XX minutes as it does in the status trigger (up / down)? I may miss the single email that was sent at 3:36 am because we're all sleeping. I want the trigger to keep notifiying us that is below the 5% threshold that's been configured.

Or, if you've got another way of achieving this, please let me know.

thanks,

Todd knower 9196230161 [email protected]

db memory threshold

Created on Aug 2, 2023 1:42:18 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

the idea here is to use limits, so that the channel goes into the yellow, or red status, and then adding a state trigger.

Created on Aug 14, 2023 11:29:28 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.