What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I send notifications from PRTG to Twitter?

Votes:

The Twitter Custom Notification is not working anymore. I also noticed that PRTG dropped its own Twitter notification in the 8.1 release. What can I do to send notifications to Twitter?

error-messages notifications prtg twitter

Created on Sep 23, 2010 6:04:42 PM

Last change on Jan 31, 2011 3:33:06 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

PTF Tweet

Twitter has changed its login procedure and no longer supports API calls. The login procedure is switched to oAuth where each tweet that gets posted requires user interaction, the user always has to enter a PIN code to allow an application to post a tweet.

This of cause is not an option for an automatic notification.

Registered applications however are allowed to post tweets without user interaction.

PTF Tweet is such a registered application and is the successor of PTF Twitter. With PTF Tweet you can both post tweets as send direct messages.

The only thing you need to do is register PTF Tweet with your Twitter account. This only needs to be done once by launching PTF Tweet with the -r switch from the Notifications/exe folder of your PRTG installation.

PTF Tweet

More details.

PTF Tweet can be downloaded here

Created on Sep 23, 2010 7:13:08 PM

Last change on Dec 29, 2014 11:06:45 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.