What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Do I need to install something to generate pdf reports?

Votes:

When I try to generate a PDF report I receive an error - "Error creating PDF report: Unable to render HTML. Unable to load page". I can generate an HTML report but not PDF.

pdf prtg reports

Created on Sep 27, 2010 2:06:00 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Dan,

could it be that another application is using port 8085 on 127.0.0.1 (this is the port which PRTG uses by default for the PDF Generation)? Please try How To Change the Port Used for Report Generation?

Best Regards.

Created on Sep 27, 2010 3:38:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for that suggestion - I tried changing the port number but that didn't resolve the problem. I probably should have provided more information in the original post - I have PRTG installed on a Win2008 64-bit server, aside from the O/S the only software installed/running is vCenter (VMware) software.

Is the software used to generate PDF reports bundled with PRTG, or am I missing a pre-requisite?

Created on Sep 28, 2010 3:33:25 PM

Votes:

Reporting should of course work, it's not an additional module. Did you restarted PRTG after you changed the port? Do HTML-On-Demand-Reports work? Does a small report work with only 1 sensor for one day?

Created on Sep 28, 2010 3:53:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, i had same issue.

For me it was stopped print spooler. When i started print spooler service everything started to work like a charm.

Created on Oct 31, 2012 7:18:23 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.