What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to solve a class not found error when using a Microsoft SQL sensor?

Votes:

I am trying to setup a probe to monior my SQL database. I am getting the following error:

Class(es) not found:
         Win32_PerfRawData_MSSQLOPTIONS2008_MSSQLOPTIONS2008GeneralStatistics

I know that the username and password to the SQL database is correct. I have setup probes for other servers before without any issues. I only have this issue when I try to setup a probe to an SQL database. What is the problem and how can it be resolved.

Thanks in advance Greg

probe prtg sql

Created on Oct 4, 2010 6:28:55 PM

Last change on Oct 15, 2010 2:37:40 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please have a look at I have tried a lot of things to fix my WMI. What else can I try to avoid reinstalling Windows?

Particularly the The refresh performance counters option refering to the following commands:

wmiadap /f wmiadap /r

Created on Jan 7, 2011 1:43:57 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

8 Replies

Votes:

Dear Greg,

which exact sensor do you use? Have you tried the SQL-Sensors?

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 5, 2010 9:30:25 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 6, 2010 12:32:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the response. I chose the Microsoft-SQL sensor because it is a database that runs on Microsoft SQL 2008. I hope that helps.

Created on Oct 5, 2010 8:48:06 PM

Votes:

Dear Greg,

this was unfortunately a bug in PRTG. It should be fixed in next weeks release. Please bear with us.

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 6, 2010 12:32:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has this bug been fixed?

Created on Oct 27, 2010 4:21:11 PM

Votes:

This bug should be fixed with version 8.1.1 of PRTG.

Created on Oct 27, 2010 4:28:00 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Running PRTG Network Monitor 8.1.2.1810

Tried to setup a SQL Server sensor for our SQL 2008 x64 server and got this message:

Class(es) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_MSSQLSERVER_SQLServerGeneralStatistics"

Created on Jan 4, 2011 9:43:39 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please have a look at I have tried a lot of things to fix my WMI. What else can I try to avoid reinstalling Windows?

Particularly the The refresh performance counters option refering to the following commands:

wmiadap /f wmiadap /r

Created on Jan 7, 2011 1:43:57 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

We had the same issue with three MS SQL 2008 x64 servers and none of the WMI fixes helped. The solution was the installation of Service Pack 2 for SQL Server 2008 (Service Pack 1 didn't fixed it for us).

Created on Oct 18, 2011 10:43:48 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.