What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to reduce the number of alerts to a single alert per health state?

Votes:

We use our PRTG alerts to generate help desk tickets. Currently when a server is rebooted we will recieve multiple alerts (for ping, services, etc) with each one generating a ticket.

We would like to minimize the number of alerts to a single alert per health state, I.E. if ping and /or a service is down send a single message indicating a list of issues detected.

alerts minimize state

Created on Oct 5, 2010 6:53:18 AM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

with which version of PRTG are you working? Have you tried the new notification-summing-mechanism in PRTG 8 yet?

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 5, 2010 9:56:28 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Created on Oct 5, 2010 10:13:46 AM

Votes:

upgrade to version 8.

Created on Oct 5, 2010 7:42:34 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am on version 8 and have the same problem.

Created on Oct 14, 2010 10:57:06 PM

Votes:

Upgrading to version 8 didn't help. I need to set it up so that I only get one alert for a computer and not once for each wmi thing I am monitoring for that PC!

Created on Oct 14, 2010 11:10:36 PM

Votes:

please take a look at dependencies.

Created on Oct 15, 2010 4:39:45 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.