What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom Sensor Updates

Votes:

I'm using some of the custom sensors from the Google Code project and I want to be kept informed about updates and bug fixes. What are my options?

custom-sensor prtg update

Created on Oct 5, 2010 6:53:09 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Besides manually checking the latest versions every day, you can also use a new Custom Sensor named CheckPTFVersion.

This sensor compares the Custom Sensors in the “Custom Sensors\EXE” folder of your PRTG installation with the latest versions available for download. The sensor goes into a warning state if an update for one of your sensors is available.

If you are running Custom Sensors on one of your probes, you will need to run this sensor on your probes also.

CheckPTFVersion requires no parameters and checks for Custom Sensors in its own folder.

CheckPTFVersion can be downloaded here.

Created on Oct 6, 2010 7:33:16 AM

Votes:

I am not sure what you mean, but do you mean you want to get notified when there are updates available for custom sensors?

If so, at that same page there is a sensor called CheckPTFVersion. CheckPTFVersion Compares your local PTF custom sensors with the last available versions. 8.0.1.1 04/10/2010 8.1

Is that what you want?

Created on Oct 6, 2010 9:31:38 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.