What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature: Ignore error status of Ping sensor for switched off devices

Votes:

Hello together!

I can remember that it was planned for version 8 to suppress Ping-sensor-errors for switched-off-devices. Is this option implemented and I do not find it?

error ping prtg wishlist

Created on Oct 7, 2010 12:29:49 PM

Last change on Oct 13, 2010 3:17:41 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can set Ping Sensors now (actually since quite some time) to automatically acknowledge an alarm on themselves in their Settings: http://abload.de/img/pingzso3a.png

Created on Jul 25, 2014 7:56:55 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Bernhard,

this has not been implemented, but is still on the wishlist for a future version of PRTG (though no ETA available yet).

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 7, 2010 3:19:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear Bernhard,

What if there is a link failure or traffic got choked on the link, Not poping up PINGs is a bit bad idea from security point of view.

:)

Created on Oct 18, 2010 10:32:24 AM

Votes:

Hello, you have an ETA for this option? I have also this problem with the printer I use PRTG to monitor the print counter in time, but I get errors when the a device is offline

thank you

Created on Jul 24, 2014 8:10:35 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can set Ping Sensors now (actually since quite some time) to automatically acknowledge an alarm on themselves in their Settings: http://abload.de/img/pingzso3a.png

Created on Jul 25, 2014 7:56:55 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.