What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can you provide trouble shooting for SNMP sensors that are not working?

Votes:

Dear Parsselor,

I have PRTG N/W Monitor installed for monitoring my Critical devices at Workplace.

Initially when I installed, every thing was working fine. Almost 60-70 SNMP Sensors were up. then One bad day I formatted my Monitoring Server and Reinstalled the same PRTG N/W Monitor.

But now by all efforts of mine, Only PING Sensors are Up and not any other sensor.

Please Suggest me possible trouble shooting,

Regards,

NUTAN

sensor snmp-library snmp-sensor

Created on Oct 8, 2010 12:04:40 PM

Last change on Oct 15, 2010 2:03:02 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

you could try using our SNMP-Tester to see if the SNMP communication is at least possible: How can I test the functionality of my SNMP device?

Best Regards.

Created on Oct 8, 2010 2:26:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.