What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

monitoring ticket system (OTRS)

Votes:

What would be the best way to monitor a ticket system (open tickets etc.) like OTRS?

monitoring otrs ticket-system

Created on Oct 9, 2010 1:30:08 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

If your just trying to get at the data go directly to the source and skip the webserver. Not sure which database your using as a backend I'd guess Mysql. I'd consider querying it directly for statistics using the SQL sensors. You listed (open tickets) so my assumption is you want to build a sql expression using the sensor to lift a total number of open tickets.

I don't know if the sensor would graph a numerical expression but you could always give it a go.

- Andrew

Created on Oct 16, 2010 6:27:37 AM

Votes:

We are using BugTracker.net, a web-based bug or issue tracker written using ASP.NET, C#, and SQL Server.

I've written a small Gadget that uses a stored procedure on the SQL server and displays the number of open tickets, today's new and solved and the number of tickets "assigned to me"

Tickets

As all the information is stored on SQL server, its easy to monitor any information you like.

Created on Oct 16, 2010 4:34:56 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.