What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Creating customized Status icons

Votes:

I am designing a map about all of our VPN connections. the issue is that I need some huge status icons that could be seen from a long distance on one of our huge LCDs . I actually want the whole VPN connection icon to become red . would that be possible within PRTG ?

maps prtg8 status-icons

Created on Jan 31, 2011 8:43:26 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please see if the following two articles may help:

Best Regards

Created on Feb 1, 2011 1:45:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I made some progresses by creating my custom CSS file as below :

------------------------------

map_icon_vpn div.sensg 
{ 

display:inline-block; 
  background-image:url(/icons/led_green_xl.png)!important; 
  padding-bottom:80px!important; 
  padding-left:580px!important; 
  min-height: 34pt;
  margin-right: 10px;
  margin-left: 10px;
}

-----------------------------------

where my icon is 580 x 80

The problem is that now I cannot drag that icon . it sticks to one place in the map.

Created on Feb 2, 2011 7:29:17 PM

Last change on Feb 2, 2011 8:38:00 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I nailed this ; inside and out . posted full article in my own blog : http://itspectrum.ca/2011/03/08/customizeprtgmaps/

Thanks Ali

Created on Mar 8, 2011 9:13:11 PM

Votes:

Kind of a handy one if you need a box that is mostly transparent. I use it as an overlay for things I want to make clickable... Kind of a quick cheat

<!--Objects: Transpaent Box with black border-->

<div class="map_object map_graph" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
<#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
<#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
<#checkobjecttype objecttype="sensor,probenode,group,device" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">

<div style="display:block;width:<@width>px;height:<@height>px;background:#000;opacity:0.04;filter:alpha(opacity=4);border:2px solid black;">
		</div>

<#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

Created on Jul 21, 2011 5:20:08 AM

Last change on Aug 9, 2011 3:25:16 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.