What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI custom sensor

Votes:

I need to query IIS information from "root\MicrosoftIISv2" namespace. Problem is this query only works with Authentication Level "Packet Privacy" Is there any way to mimic this with WMI and PRTG WQL ?

Thx :O(

iis microsoftiisv2 packet-privacy wmi

Created on May 26, 2011 3:43:15 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The name of the executable is "PRTG Probe.exe".

The authentication level the PRTG uses is not configurable, sorry.

Kind regards,

- Volker

Created on Aug 30, 2011 3:53:45 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

8 Replies

Votes:

Did you already have a look at Custom XML Sensor IISStatistics?

Created on May 26, 2011 5:39:06 PM

Votes:

Hi Gerard, Thanx for good tip, however I'm already monitoring all these with custom SNMP sensor. What I'm interested in is stuff like web state (On/Off/Paused) and that I can find only in the root\MicrosoftIISv2 namespace for WMI.

thx

Created on May 26, 2011 10:06:09 PM

Votes:

Can you access that namespace with a locally running WMI Tester? If so you could run a remote probe on that specific server, monitoring the counters you need.

Kind regards,

- Volker

Created on May 27, 2011 11:32:29 AM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm having the same problem. What is the name of the executable that runs performs the WMI queries for PRTG and is the authentication level set or configurable? I am query the state of IIS application pools on a remote machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Created on Aug 25, 2011 11:45:16 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The name of the executable is "PRTG Probe.exe".

The authentication level the PRTG uses is not configurable, sorry.

Kind regards,

- Volker

Created on Aug 30, 2011 3:53:45 PM by  Volker Uffelmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks. I was also looking at monitoring the PHP prcosses which run for most of the webistes. The websites is the "User Name" listed under the process. Though I couuld kill two bird woth one stone by monitoring User Name of the prcoesses.

Created on Nov 22, 2011 4:50:01 PM

Votes:

Dear Paessler, are you planning to change or at least make configurable the AuthenticationLevel? I'm having the same problem with the namespace root\mscluster requiring PacketPrivacy.

Querying via Powershell works for the monitoring user using PacketPrivacy but fails with the following Error in PRTG and WMITester:

"80041003: The current user does not have permission to perform the action."

Thank you

Thomas

Created on Aug 26, 2014 5:32:27 PM

Votes:

Hi,
Currently there are no plans to make the Authentication Level customizable. Sorry.
Best regards

Created on Aug 28, 2014 12:07:05 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.