What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom Group Notification from AD Users Group

Votes:

Is there a way to pull an AD user's email when creating a new Notification? We have MANY users in our AD Group and there is no way we would ever want to send notifications to ALL. When creating a new Notification, I want to 'link' the notification to an existing AD user so I don't have to copy/paste email addresses.

The best alternative would be to allow AD Users to be added to new PRTG User Groups. This way, we could create custom PRTG User Groups such as ESX Admins, Exchange Admins, DNS Admins, General Users etc... See: https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/28713-change-group-membership-for-active-directory-users

active-directory group prtg

Created on Nov 6, 2012 2:44:28 PM

Last change on Nov 28, 2012 2:29:41 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

We'll put this on the wish-list.

best regards.

Created on Nov 6, 2012 5:15:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

THANK YOU !!!!! This would be a tremendous help!

Created on Nov 6, 2012 7:44:24 PM

Votes:

Hello, nowadays can i create custom notification for a single user?

Created on Sep 17, 2018 11:29:06 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

This is possible, yes. Just create a new notification under "Setup > Account Settings > Notifications" and configure it to your needs. There you have different notify-options where you always can select the recipient (user group, user).
https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/notifications

Best regards.

Created on Sep 17, 2018 12:30:24 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you! Thats work perfectly! Just to clarify, can i change scale (size) of sensor statistics (i mean graphics for Hour, 2 Days, 30 Days) inside email messages? They too small and not comfortable for some employees.

Created on Sep 17, 2018 1:56:49 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

The Mail Templates are predefined and can't be changed I am afraid. However maybe you can find a way on the Core Server under "C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mailtemplates\"

Best regards.

Created on Sep 17, 2018 3:45:37 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.