What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request: Integration with DUO Security

Votes:

Is it possible to integrate PRTG with DUO Security? (https://www.duosecurity.com/) or add another option to add two-factor authentication to PRTG (RADIUS)?

If not, please add this as a feature request!

duo radius two-factor

Created on Nov 6, 2014 6:10:21 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please upvote accordingly in the corresponding feature request thread:
[OPEN] 2FA Implementation

Please consider this thread closed, and place your votes into the above mentioned Thread. We welcome any feedback and will add it into the Feature Request.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 9, 2018 3:44:25 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 8, 2019 11:26:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

22 Replies

Votes:

The integration of DUO Security into PRTG is not very likely, nevertheless we will note this down and discuss it internally. For more information about how we rate Customers Feature Requests please read this article: https://www.paessler.com/blog/2012/07/03/other/how-we-rate-your-feature-requests-company-culture-2

Created on Nov 12, 2014 2:34:38 PM by  Andreas Heidrich [Paessler Support] (51) 2 1

Votes:

Dear Andreas,

While I think that having an integration with DUO Security's 2FA solution would really be a valuable feature for an already wonderful product like PRTG, I am interested to learn about possible 2FA plans from Paessler. I've seen it mentioned in the forums more than once that 2FA/MFA is becoming the standard and I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Are there any plans to extend the login to the PRTG portal with an additional security measure?

Regards, René

Created on Mar 29, 2015 8:25:08 AM

Votes:

2 Factor-Authentication is on our wish list, there are no concrete plans for imminent implementation though. Please bear with us, and consider your vote counted.

Created on Mar 30, 2015 7:23:30 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would also like to be able to use 2FA with PRTG. Any news on this?

Created on Jun 7, 2016 8:50:26 PM

Votes:

Dear Jason, sorry, there have been and are no plans to implement 2FA as of now, due to the very few requests for such a hugely complex feature.

Created on Jun 8, 2016 8:57:49 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would love to see radius support. Then we can decide what 2FA system to integrate behind the scenes. I'm surprised to hear there are few requests for this since there have been so many information security hacks in the news.

As an alternative to not having this capability to secure our PRTG server farm, we restrict HTTPS to our PRTG server farm by access-rules. I'd be curious what other security minded folks are doing to protect their (and or customers) data?

Created on Jun 24, 2016 7:06:51 PM

Votes:

Please add me to the request to support DUO Security 2FA. This would be a huge security improvement to PRTG for remote access. If not Duo than at least something like Google Authenticator.

Created on Jul 29, 2016 3:47:50 AM

Votes:

Please add me to the request. Also I am getting pretty peeved by Felix constantly replying to requests for 2FA saying not enough customers are voting for it. I believe the annoying process of having to REGISTER to post a reply, and then also being told that I need 15 reputation in order to vote is enough to put a lot of people off. If you did a 1 question email poll to all customers "Do you want 2FA in PRTG: YES / NO" I think you would have a big surprise. MFA is an industry standard now - people have been asking for this in since 2014 - it's now nearly 2016 and dropbox, adobe, etc. etc. have all had big breaches. Please don't be arrogant and just implement a basic security feature for your customers.

Created on Nov 17, 2016 3:37:13 AM

Votes:

2FA authentication is a must-have in todays IT, if you don't use it you're leaving yourself open unnecessarily open to hacks/abuse.

Adding 2FA is really not much of a challenge, Google Authenticator is dead easy to add, I believe Duo is equally easy as they provide much of what you need.

If your users didn't request the possiblity to use SSL Certs, would you then not add it? That's just crazy.

Created on Dec 10, 2016 8:34:12 PM

Votes:

We would really like to see 2F authentication as well. It is a must these days!

Created on Jul 27, 2017 2:00:18 PM

Votes:

Add my vote in the hat, DUO with PRTG would be great.

Created on Nov 2, 2017 4:36:44 PM

Votes:

MFA for DUO is much needed! We are not allowed to make it external until MFA is supported.

Created on Dec 11, 2017 9:21:44 PM

Votes:

Me too! We are currently arguing with our pen-testers - they are rating external access to PRTG as a high vulnerability due to risks of information disclosure. However for us admins anywhere access to PRTG is essential.

Created on Jan 31, 2018 12:37:24 PM

Votes:

Adding my voice to this. No commentary here from PRTG for a very long time. Is it still the opinion of Paessler that 2FA/MFA capability is not worthwhile due to it being "complex" and you have very few requests for it?

Created on Feb 8, 2018 1:58:34 PM

Votes:

Matthew, I appreciate the voice and have it forwarded to the dev team. However, I don't have anything new to report from there. It's on the list. Sorry, I really wish I'd have more to say.

Created on Feb 8, 2018 2:43:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I agree with the comments above. This feature is essential to protecting our data. Please provide this integration or at least allow us to use RADIUS so we can build our own solution on the backend.

Created on Mar 8, 2018 3:57:15 PM

Votes:

Agree with all comments above and looking forward to see DUO be supported for PRTG.

Created on Sep 13, 2018 6:05:23 PM

Votes:

Any updates on 2FA?

Duo or Azure AD SSO (So I can piggy back my DUO Auth on that) would be a great feature!

Created on Oct 9, 2018 3:40:47 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Please upvote accordingly in the corresponding feature request thread:
[OPEN] 2FA Implementation

Please consider this thread closed, and place your votes into the above mentioned Thread. We welcome any feedback and will add it into the Feature Request.

PRTG Scheduler | PRTGapi | Feature Requests | WMI Issues | SNMP Issues

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 9, 2018 3:44:25 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 8, 2019 11:26:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Any updates on 2FA?

Created on Aug 17, 2020 8:07:09 AM

Votes:

Hi Jason,

we are currently working on the issue. However, we need to implement and test this feature and therefore we cannot provide a release date. I recommend to keep an eye on our roadmap: https://www.paessler.com/prtg/roadmap

Created on Aug 17, 2020 7:14:36 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any chance that TOTP-based 2FA (for use with an app such as Google Authenticator) will come as well as a second option to Azure AD? Such as what is already available for the Paessler-hosted version of PRTG: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/use_multi-factor_authentication

SSO/MFA through Azure AD is fine and dandy, but....not everyone has Azure AD. I don't think folks should be locked out of having this invaluable security feature simply because they don't have access to a certain product.

Created on Mar 17, 2021 3:21:52 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.