What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disk space sensor threshold setting not working

Votes:

I am trying to figure out how to stop certain disk sensors from showing as down - i need them to show as warning - where do I change this? All KB articles seem to relate to channels, but I have tried setting the limits in there and it doesn't work.

where do i change this setting?

disk prtg space threshold warning

Created on Jan 11, 2017 10:58:57 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello fvd,

Thank you very much for your knowledge base post.

May I ask you kindly to further clarify which sensor do you use?

If you use the WMI Free Disk Space (Multi Disk) sensor you might check the following section of the sensor's manual regarding threshold limits checked against all disks.
Please let me know which sensor you mean, if the above mentioned link does not solve the issue.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 12, 2017 8:34:51 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hi, it is the logical disk sensor for a QNAP Nas drive, so I'm guessing the WMI drive won't work?

thanks

Created on Jan 12, 2017 8:43:23 AM

Votes:

Dear fvd,

You are right. The best approach would be to contact Paessler's Technical Support directly, as we need some more information which are far better transmitted by mail than the knowledge base.

Please provide us a support bundle and some more details of the affected sensor. Please send:

• a Screenshot of the sensor's "Overview" tab
  • a Screenshot of the sensor's "Log" tab
  • The Sensor's configuration report (which can be generated within the sensor's settings, using the small printer icon on the gray bar at the bottom of the page from where the report can be generated, simply print/save it to the PDF format).

Please capture the whole PRTG user interface in any screenshot and attach them as email file attachment.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 12, 2017 9:48:50 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jan 12, 2017 9:49:16 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.